As befits true bullets (and my nongaming career as an editor): these bullet points will be without periods. Some style guides say that in serial bullets the final bullet should take a period. Pshaw.
- Luigi's Mansion 2 for the 3DS: Same gameplay as the original, with one or two additions. The game's abit of a joke, but it sold about four million copies, so it's the Hootie and the Blowfish of games. Excuse me, game series
- The Wii 2 has a name! It's the Wii U. God bless Nintendo for once again finding a name that lends itself to a self-generating spring of parodies. Topics include: it sounds like a .edu address, it literally sounds like an ambulance siren when you say it, it metaphorically sounds like a badly translated chant from Tod Browning's Freaks. Thumbs up for giving us a new letter to in the future affix to words to "nintendo"ize them, the same way you know that when I say iGainesBurger I refer to an Apple dog food product
- Wii U itself seems to be built around the controller, which seems to be build around the Al Jaffee fold-in from Mad Magazine. Imagine a white iPad, with buttons affixed to either side, and mentally fold the screen in on itself like the back page of Mad. Presto: you've created a Wiimote
- The specs for the Wii U itself aren't released yet. A lot of the look-what-360-games-we'll-be-able-to-port-now! games were in fact 360 (and PS3) version of those games
- Take a gander yourself: nothing sells you on an idea like your own gandering
- Mario write-up tomorrow: there's too much to fit into one measly day!
- I saw again, no final period to a bulleted list: anyone who puts a bullet here will answer to me